Friday, April 17, 2009

EAGLE EYE

I've used the expression "eagle eye" often and like to think that because of my craft I am fairly observant. Until recently I had never seen the eye or beak of an eagle so closely. I know they are a bird of prey (check out that killer beak) but what keen eyes they have. They can see forward and to the side at the same time and can see fish in the water from several hundred feet above. No telephoto lenses needed. They are majestic birds, gorgeous and impressive up close. I am so glad Ben Franklin's wish to make the wild turkey our national symbol never took flight.

3 comments:

Angelika said...

Glad to see you back, and with such an impresive shot...loved it.

marie j. said...

hi! i came across your blog via google images. i just have to tell you... you take the most beautiful photographs. i am very much taken by your work.

thanks,
marie

Aud said...

Marie....

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate your input. I really hope to post more regularly again. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Audrey