Wednesday, December 31, 2008

GOODBYE '08

This afternoon as I peered out the kitchen window and watched the snow flurries, I spotted Mr. Cardinal in a thicket near the bird feeders. I have a few cardinal pairs that live in my yard all winter waiting for warmer weather and the promise of Spring. Tonight as we wait for 2009 to be ushered in with a lot of fanfare, I will remember Mr. Cardinal and the proverb, "Good things come to those who wait". For the most part I simply hope that 2009 is a good year. No big expectations, just an abiding hope that several things don't happen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. This cardinal doesn't really resemble Harold or your mom, either! :)

squirrelmama said...

Aud, those are wise words, and I hope you will make that theme your Cardinal Rule for 2009.
Like Mr. Cardinal, let's hope brighter times take flight soon!