Saturday, August 16, 2008

SHOULD I STOP?

A very good friend of mine warned me. She told me "Be careful what you post...because it is public and it is out there". I never thought that someone would start downloading my photos without asking me. In the past five days five of my images have been downloaded... even a picture of my Mom which kind of scares me. It has also kind of soured me on blogging. If you want to download or use a photo of mine please have the decency to email me...just ask... it is that simple. Please don't take my work without asking first. My work can't be downloaded, stored or used without permission. All my work (words and pictures) are subject to US and international copyright laws. For those of you in the business...you should know better. Its simple to email me and ask. AND YOU ALL KNOW IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

2 comments:

CMC said...

I'm a blogger too and would like to know how you found out that someone as downloaded your pictures?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would too. Do you mean they were simply downloaded or have you spotted them being used elsewhere w/o your permission? I'm not aware of a way to tell if someone saves a photo to their desktop. If you can, please share :) I'm a blogger too.