Wednesday, October 8, 2008

COFFEE OR TEA

This picture was an accident. I shot something today and when I came home the compact flash card could not be read in my computer. The images didn't even show up on the card. I raced upstairs to my home computer where they could be read and puzzled over the variables. In the end the pictures were retrieved, but the card was not trustworthy. So I formatted the card and shot a test in my kitchen. Surprise, I liked the way the stainless tea kettle separated from the granite yet it all had a monochromatic feel to it. Funny, I am a coffee addict, a Starbucks devotee and a coffee purist. I never drink tea (unless I am sick), but I have inherited my Mom's love of teapots. I like the different styles, shapes and themes. I particularly like the short, squat ones. I really don't like this stainless one at all, but I love the way it looks in this "test" photo. That's what I love about photography... the surprises!

No comments: