Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A SAD GOODBYE

I was up at Yankee Stadium today. I know it will probably be the last time I am in the stadium that has been so much a part of my life and the team that my family has embraced for longer then I can remember. As I got ready to leave, I had to go out to the field and take it in for one last time. I took my camera with a super wide lens and tried to take a picture of myself on the field. A tv cameraman I know was on the field taping. All of a sudden he yelled to me and said let me take the picture. He was kind enough to come over and take the picture. I will miss this stadium. My parents courted here and even saw a 1943 World Series game, it was here my Dad took my brother to his first Yankees game (Mantle hit a homerun but my brother was inside getting a hot dog) and I saw my first game here too. The Yankees made history here, but lots of ordinary people made their own kind of history.