Monday, September 8, 2008

JAVA JUNKIE

In search of a cure for the pain in my leg I went to yet another doctor today... this one specializes in a holistic approach to health care. I answered a number of questions and then after a number of muscle resistance tests this doctor proclaims that he believes the acidity in coffee is weakening the musculature in leg. He told me that coffee was the culprit. He suggested I eliminate coffee from my diet for two weeks! I was speechless. I don't know if I was more stunned by the idiocy of his suggestion or the thought of giving up coffee. Clearly he didn't know to whom he was speaking. I was so unnerved by this consultation that when I left I headed directly to Starbucks for a latte. I draw the line at giving up coffee. So much for that doctor! Just call me a java junkie.

No comments: