Sunday, September 7, 2008

UP ON THE ROOF

Today was a glorious day in New York and the perfect day to see Jeff Koons sculpture pieces on display at The Metropolitan Musuem's roof garden. This piece is called Sacred Heart and at first it made me think of the "I Love NY" advertising campaign. It's easy to love New York on a beautiful Sunday afternoon when you are on the roof surrounded by spectacular vistas and whimsical sculpture pieces. But to really love New York you have to make peace with the traffic, the crazies and all the roadblocks that being in New York presents. Sometimes I think this is the test you must pass to call yourself a New Yorker. My father was born and raised in San Francisco. After he married my mother he moved to New York. His favorite song was Tony Bennett's "I Left My Heart in San Francisco". Although I hope to spend my golden years in Florida, I know a part of my heart will always belong to New York.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

So jealous. Why don't you bring me along on these jaunts?