Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A CORNER TABLE

I always seem to find myself in a corner. When I shoot photos, invariably I find myself in a corner trying to fit one more element into the shot. I even bought a house on a corner lot. But the corner table here at my aunt and uncle's condo on Lido Key is my favorite corner of all. For the past seventeen years it is at this table by the pool (the table with the open umbrella) where we have shared countless hours together and from which I have priceless memories. We have seen the dolphins perform in the Gulf, seen the pelicans catch their dinner and reminisced about times spent together in New York. Right next to the table is a big white life preserver. On every visit I recall how my Uncle bought me a Mickey Mouse life preserver on a family vacation to the Jersey shore. I was about three and he was worried because I couldn't swim. He made sure I learned how to swim, not only in the water but in life. I am leaving Sarasota tomorrow, but they are always with me.

No comments: