Saturday, April 19, 2008

PISTACHIO

In this photo Pistachio looks like a fierce hunter. In reality, he is a mush... an outdoor cat, born feral but completely socialized now. I've always been partial to tabby cats, but Pistachio is so full of personality that he has helped me to expand my feliine horizons. The backyard is his kingdom. I wish he could come inside, but Slugger will have no part of it and P would miss exploring the yard. I set up a have-a-heart trap to catch the raccoon who tried to come inside last night. So far, Pistachio thinks it is a toy and has learned how to spring it without going in it! Watching Pistachio who jumps in my lap when I sit outside, yet is equally at ease sharing his food with his feral friends has taught me a lot. He's pretty special. I sure hope he isn't in the raccoon trap in the morning.

No comments: