Saturday, May 17, 2008

ALL HANDS ON DECK

I decided to try to whip my garden into shape today. It resulted in a trip to the nursery where I went crazy buying dahlias, snapdragons, columbine, jacob's ladder, eight flats of impatiens, tomatoes, herbs and yes, a new pair of gardening gloves. At the beginning of every growing season I buy a new pair of gardening gloves... this year the lime green pair to coordinate with the lime green crocs that function as my gardening clogs! Of course by the time I got home from the nursery I didn't have a lot of time to plant! Mom stopped by and surveyed the plants. She made her annual proclamation, "You bought too much!" And then she proceeded to tell me where I should place the new arrivals in the garden. It's a work in progress. But at the end of the day it feels like a day well spent. I have lots of work ahead of me and I'll be out in the garden again tomorrow. Wish I had enough hands to fill all those gloves on display in the garden center! The work would get done a lot faster.

No comments: