Friday, May 16, 2008

BEST FRIENDS

It was another dark, rainy day in Manhattan. As I raced around midtown I glanced up to see this young woman trying to shelter her friend from the rain. She did it without thinking and with the only thing she had close at hand, a plastic bag. Just last night I had dinner with my very dear friend. It is almost impossible for me to believe that we have been friends for forty one years. We grew up together and I have watched her son grow up. She lives in New Orleans now, but we see each other several times a year and we pick up where we left off. Last night, as always we talked about the things going on in our lives. Inevitably, there are always problems that need to be solved. My worries seemed so much smaller today. Good friends are always there, looking out for one another in the rain and in life.

No comments: