Wednesday, May 7, 2008

PAST THEIR PRIME

Today was a beautiful day on Long Island with sunny skies and balmy weather. Unfotunately my day was spent in the office without any windows doing things that were not particularly visual. It might as well have been a gray and cloudy day! When I got home I was desperate to find some kind of image for this blog... the light was fading fast. Then I saw the graceful tulips that were way past their prime. I had meant to toss them at least two days ago. Their faded red and yellow tones still managed to provide enough zip to separate form the gray monochromatic background. When I shot this I really wasn't sure it worked. Looking at it now, I like it a lot and you know, it is a pretty accurate reflection of my day. The office was all gray with an occasional bright spot.

No comments: