Thursday, May 29, 2008

COMMENCEMENT

Today I attended a commencement ceremony and got to thinking about my own graduation from Muhlenberg College, exactly thirty one years ago today. What a coincidence! Like today, the skies were sunny and blue, pomp and circumstance was played and life was full of promise. As I watched the graduates, I was particularly touched by the message on this young woman's mortarboard. I thought back on all the things my Mom did to help me through those four years. I recall one weekend she came to visit and spent the better part of it typing a term paper for me. I guess it is a little late to put "Thanks Mom" on my mortarboard. I wish I had been that thoughtful and creative in 1977!

1 comment:

Four Tiny Poms said...

Now that's what I call appreciation, touching.