Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MY SHARE

Like Kermit the Frog, I am going green. Okay everybody is buzzing about "green", but this year I joined a CSA (community supported agriculture) and every week about a mile from my house I pick up "my share" which is trucked in from the farm in Aquebogue. The share changes weekly depending on what is harvested but it always includes farm fresh eggs, vegetables, fruit and a fresh bouquet of flowers. It's a small step but I like the idea of supporting local farmers and besides my eyes are green!

2 comments:

Angelika said...

This one had me thinking what I could conjure up using those ingredients, was glad I already had dinner. Great idea, and I'm all for supporting the farmers.

Unknown said...

Wow--what a great photo. Those veggies look delicious! I bet the CSA would love it.