Thursday, July 17, 2008

BEFORE

This sure isn't art, it isn't even close to pretty, but to me it is the only left knee I have known for 52 years. It wasn't easy taking a photo of my own knee. My mother was horrified that I would even think of posting my knee to my blog, but hey it is what is on my mind tonight. I keep thinking that red scab on the side of my knee that I got from scratching a mosquito bite is exactly where the surgeon will cut tomorrow. He is going to try to repair a significant tear to my meniscus, a partial tear to my ACL as well as bone spurs. He says he hopes to "clean up the joint" because I have a lot of arthritis in it. I guess this just reinforces that I am middle aged. My biggest concern? He is a Red Sox fan. Is it too late to reconsider this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is now 8:10AM Friday morning! Thinking of you; and yes it is much too late to make any change in plans! Hope all is going great and can't wait to see that new knee!

Angelika said...

Have been thinking of you several times today knowing it was much too late too make changes. What's the worst that could have happened????? You woke up with RED SOCKS on. I'm sure all went well, now it's up to you to make sure it stays that way. So take life easy for a bitmaybe you could take a few hints from Sluger.