Friday, July 18, 2008

THE ICE MACHINE COMETH


The good news is I came home without Red Socks and so far I am not in terrible pain. My knee is wrapped up from mid thigh to my ankle and I can't see what it looks like, but I do remember my surgeon signing my leg before going into the operating room (I guess his way of identifying which leg was to be operated on). The best device for keeping the pain and swelling down is not the percoset, but the magical ice machine that my friends Nancy and Sammy rushed over to my house ten minutes after I got home from the hospital. Sammy had a similar procedure and had me hooked up to the machine in no time. This miracle machine has a cuff that velcros around my knee, the interior of the cuff has plastic channels connected to hoses that attach to a small playmate style cooler (blue cooler that my foot rests on in the photo). The cooler is filled with water and ice and has a pump that circulates the cool water around my knee. I guess the real pain test will be in the morning! Now I just have to figure out how to get up the stairs to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited the surgery is over and you are home safe and sound! You are a real trooper!
Now we are looking forward to seeing you back to your normal routine of running all over town.
What a great day for the Brown's! We made it into your blog.
Speedy recovery! We love you!