Tuesday, July 1, 2008

CYCLONE

Today was one of those days. There seem to be more and more of them. You know, the kind of day where you go non-stop from one thing to another, there are more things on your to do list then can be done in a week much less 24 hours. Your cell phone and home phone are ringing at the same time and your call waiting is going too. Yep, the kind of day where you feel like you are on a never ending roller coaster ride. Somehow this image of the Cyclone in Coney Island seems to sum up my day. One of the few memories I have of my Dad was a trip to Coney Island about forty five years ago. We didn't go on the cyclone because I was way too little, but we did go on the Wonder Wheel together. I remember from the top of the Wonder Wheel everything looked so small. It was a simpler time, a kinder time. Now even small things become big. Today life was an endurance test and I lost.

No comments: