Monday, July 28, 2008

THE CHIP

Recovering from surgery is bad enough, but to make matters worse this weekend a new neighbor (moved in three weeks ago) rang my bell before 9am to tell me that he didn't like my cats roaming in his yard and intended to trap them and "dispose" of them. I begged him to at least tell me if he trapped Pistachio or Hazel (my two outside pets) so that I could retrieve them. He said this was my notice and he would not tell me if they were trapped. Of course I was beside myself. Since Slugger and Pistachio don't get along bringing "P" inside is not an option. Today, a friend took Pistachio to the vet to have him micro chipped. This tiny device can be scanned by vets and shelters in the event a cat is dropped off or brought in to be euthanized. So now as I tend to my knee I spend a lot of time looking out the window to keep tabs on the cats. Sometimes Pistachio is there looking in as he is in this photo (okay I need to wash the window). I have been thinking of that ancient Chinese proverb, "He who dislikes the cat was in his former life a rat". I smell a rat across the street!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! The neighbor is the one who should be trapped, and then other disgusting things should be done to them... I cannot imagine someone threatening to trap your cats! Is that awful, how in one quick swoop, you life can change because of a new neighbor! We have new neighbors, and they are a dream - I have thought often since they moved in, how lucky we are, but I never knew HOW lucky. Sorry you are burdened with such awful neighbors...
--mistercrisp