Tuesday, July 15, 2008

FIRST OF THE SEASON

I was crazy busy this morning getting ready for work tonight but as I passed my tomato plants I spied a red cherry tomato! I was so excited I picked it although it probably could have stood another day or two on the vine. I haven't eaten it yet, and will probably let it sit on the window sill and ripen a day or so. I thought it was kind of neat that the first tomato of the season was picked exactly half way through the baseball season on the day of the All Star Game at Yankee Stadium which is in its final season. There are all kinds of seasons in life.

2 comments:

Angelika said...

The tomatoe season is one I miss, there nothing like a good Jersey tomato. This one made my mouth water.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is some beautiful tomatoe. Wasn't it fun watching it grow and then finally picking it from the vine! Enjoy the season.