Monday, July 21, 2008

HERE COMES THE SUN

The past few days I have flirted with the idea of abandoning my blog for awhile. It is really a challenge to try to find photos worth posting when all I can see is the view from my couch. Feeling very frustrated and discouraged today, I did look out the kitchen window to see the first sunflower in bloom. Sunflowers are my favorite flower and I always forget to plant them. This year I have a huge clump of them coming up though... right near my bird feeder. I guess the birds managed to drop enough seeds and I have at least two dozen sunflowers stretching their heads toward the sky. A true sun worshipper, its head follows the sun as it crosses the sky. The common sunflower is often referred to as big smile and that is exactly what I did when I saw this one blooming in my yard. I hope I am moving a little better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blogs and would miss them terribly. Keep up your beautiful work and you'll keep all of us smiling with you.